When I think about why solar energy is better, I also contemplate what solar energy is in the first place. Solar energy is formed by the sun’s rays, and it can be processed like any other type of energy as well as used to create electricity to run homes and businesses. Buildings can also be heated by the thermal energy produced by the sun. Best of all, solar energy is free and does not compromise the environment.
If you have ever sat in a warm car on a sunny, winter day, you have experienced the thermal energy of the sun. The sun’s rays move through the glass of the car windows and warm the interior, although it may be quite chilly outside. Likewise, some people have actually baked cookies on the dashboard of their car on hot summer days. Again, thermal energy is being used in both of these scenarios.
To combine the energy from the sun and turn it into electricity, it is necessary to have solar cells to collect and transform solar energy into useable electricity. These cells are typically in the form of panels that face the direction of the sun to capture as many rays as possible.
Image credit: AENEWS
Solar energy is an important part of life and has been since the beginning of time. Increasingly, man is learning how to harness this important resource and use it to replace traditional energy sources.
Solar energy is an important part of almost every life process, if not all life processes. Plants and animals alike use solar energy to produce important nutrients in their cells. Plants use the energy to produce the green chlorophyll that they need to survive, while humans use the sun’s rays to produce vitamin D in their bodies. However, when man actually learned to convert solar energy into usable energy, harnessing energy became even more important. There are many reasons behind using a solar energy and why it is better than the other available man-made energy sources:
- Since solar energy is completely natural, it is considered a clean energy source. It does not disrupt the environment or create a threat to ecosystems the way oil and some other energy sources might. It does not cause greenhouse gases or air or water pollution. The small amount of impact it does have on the environment is usually from the chemicals and solvents used during the manufacture of the photovoltaic cells that are needed to convert the sun’s energy into electricity. This is a small problem compared to the huge impact that one oil spill can have on the environment.
- Solar energy cells can be used to power a calculator or a watch. They can also be used to produce enough power to run an entire city. With that kind of versatility, it is a great energy source. Some of the ways solar energy is being used today include:
- Powering cars
- Powering coffee roasters
- Providing electricity for homes and businesses
- Heating homes and businesses
- Running watches
- Powering water heaters
- Running water treatment plants
There are many other things that are or can be powered by solar panel. Why is solar energy important to you? The most important persuasion of all is the reason solar energy is important to you personally.
Fossil fuels, like gas and oil, are not renewable energy sources. Once they are gone, they can’t be replenished. Someday these fuels will run out and then mankind will either need to come up with a new way to provide power or go back to life as it was prior to man’s use of these things.
Fossil fuels create massive pollution in the environment. This pollution affects waterways, the air you breathe, and even the meat and vegetables that you eat.
These fuels are expensive to retrieve from the earth and they are expensive to use. Other, more eco-friendly energy sources, like wind and solar energies, are relatively inexpensive and easy to produce.
In the future, solar energy may well be the primary form of energy. This could lead to a clean environment, less money spent on utilities, and a healthier world. Why is solar energy important? It has the potential to allow technology and nature to coexist peacefully.
Jim Cluff is the author of this article, and when he was writing this article he kept in mind what is the best use of a solar panel. Why we should use solar energy was one of the main concerns of the article. While writing this article, the author focused on keywords like solar panel and also read online materials, websites, etc.